Children’s Liver Association for Support Services (C.L.A.S.S.)
Children’s Liver Association for Support Services is an all volunteer group.
C.L.A.S.S. was founded out of the recognized need for an organization dedicated to addressing the emotional, educational and financial needs of families with children affected by liver disease and transplantation.
Programs and Services
C.L.A.S.S. offers a variety of ways to be both a source of support to families and a valuable resource to all affected by liver disease and transplantation:
This toll free line allows families, healthcare professionals, and caregivers access to free information about pediatric liver disease and personal support. Call 1-877-679-8256. All calls are confidential to protect the privacy our members and medical professionals.
A free seasonal newsletter that describes the activities of the organization, highlights additional resources, tells personal stories, and presents articles written by leading liver specialist about various aspects of pediatric liver disease and transplantation. Subscribe now to receive our online newsletter.
Direct Family Support Program
Offers financial aid for families of pediatric liver disease patents. Typical types of financial assistance include a parent's food allowance during their child's hospitalization, telephone service for a child waiting for a transplant, or transportation expenses for a clinic visit. For more information on Direct Family Support, call our Toll Free number (877) 679-8256 or download our Direct Family Support Guidelines.
Educational Materials are available free to download or by request for families and healthcare professionals. You may find these materials and more by visiting our Resource Center.
The primary goals of C.L.A.S.S. are to:
- Provide and distribute educational materials about pediatric liver disease.
- Provide a support network for families of children with liver disease via telephone hotline, newsletters and educational seminars.
- Provide direct financial assistance to families in need directly related to their child's liver disease.
- Fund seed grants for research into causes, diagnosis, detection, treatment and prevention of pediatric liver diseases.
- Sponsor educational seminars on medial and social issues regarding liver disease.
- Increase pubic awareness about the importance of organ donation.
- Solicit funds from private and public sources, and administer and disburse such funds to further our mission.
C.L.A.S.S is incorporated as a nonprofit organization in the state of California and is recognized as a tax-exempt charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Cod as described in Section 501©3.